Level 2 Diploma for Veterinary Care Assistants
This award will be available for one cohort only (September 2020). Unfortunately, due to the withdrawal of this award by City & Guilds, there will be no funding available, course fees must be paid privately. We will be looking to replace this award with an equivalent offered by CQ later in 2021.
The above course is aimed at people working as nursing assistants in veterinary practice. It is delivered via distance learning with students attending one day of college at our Melbourne Training Centre every 4-6 weeks
It is designed to provide practical competence and underpinning knowledge that is relevant to the role of veterinary carer in a modern veterinary practice while containing additional skills and knowledge which go beyond the scope of the National Occupational Standards. It provides a valuable alternative for those learners who do not have access to other qualifications.
What does it involve?
- This qualification demonstrates the specialist knowledge and skills you have developed, such as:
- Animal handling and care in a veterinary environment
- Assisting with care in a veterinary environment
- Administrative duties in a veterinary environment.
- Students learn on the job in the work environment, and complete one assignment for each unit. You need to complete a minimum of 600 hours in a veterinary environment
- Entry Requirements
- There is an experiential requirement for this qualification.
- Learners may be of an employed, voluntary or non-employed status, but they must be able to gain real experience of a veterinary care environment.
- Learners must undertake a substantial period of recorded work experience within a suitable veterinary care environment, which cannot be simulated.